2020 Training Workshop
Registration: Click here to register
JFNA Training Workshop Dates and Locations
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020
- 12:00pm to 5:30pm CST – JFNA Training Workshop at the Fairmont Dallas
- 6:00 pm CST – Optional Social Dinner (Stay tuned for more information.)
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- 8:00am CST – bring your suitcase and catch the JFNA-arranged bus from Fairmont Dallas to Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas
- 8:30am to 3:00pm CST – JFNA Training Workshop at Aaron Family Jewish Community Center of Dallas
We invite agency leaders, program managers, and direct service staff to participate in the JFNA Training Workshop.
We are still securing speakers and finalizing the agenda, utilizing valuable participant feedback from previous JFNA Training Workshops. In the meantime, we are sharing the topics we intend to cover to help you determine which staff members should represent your organization when participating in the JFNA Training Workshop. Please note that all topics are subject to change.
- How JFNA is Leading the Aging Services Network in Person-Centered, Trauma-Informed (PCTI) Care
- A Holocaust survivor and veteran share their personal perspectives on PCTI care
- Working Groups
- Mental Health Therapy Modalities
- Socialization Programs
- Cognitive Health Programs
- Family Caregiver Programs
- Physical Health Programs
- Technology Programs
- Addressing Antisemitism in a PCTI Way
- End of Life Care
- PCTI Trainings
- Special group meetings for: executive leaders, Critical Supports and their sub-subgrantees, first-time JFNA Training Workshop participants, experienced Training Workshop participants, agencies utilizing Uniper software, and agencies that work with Kavod Shef
- Emerging Issues in Aging and Trauma
- Evaluations and Lessons Learned
- Brief self-care demonstration
- PCTI Care for Older Adults with Alzheimer’s
- Developing an Action Plan
All food and beverages served will be kosher, including breakfast, lunches, snacks, and hot beverages for both days. There will be kosher restaurant options for the optional social dinner on May 5th. The kosher catering provided will be under the supervision of Rabbi Sholey Klein, via Vaad Hakashrus of Dallas (Dallaskosher.org).
We will soon post the final agenda and more information about the optional social dinner. Feel free to contact HolocaustCenter@JewishFederations.org with questions and content suggestions.