Aging & Trauma 2020: Promising Practices for Service Providers and Federations
Due to COVID-19, our annual Training Workshop which was to be held from May 5-6, 2020 in Dallas, Texas, has been cancelled. The health and safety of you and your families, your colleagues, and your clients is our top priority. We are here to support you as you continue to serve your clients.
If you have already registered for the Training Workshop, we will fully refund your registration fee for the JFNA Training Workshop. Please give us time as we work with other systems on this. We will update you on how to get a refund once more information becomes available.
If you have booked flights and hotels, please cancel these reservations. As most airlines have refund policies, please call the customer service line for your airline and attempt to recover all flight costs. In the event that funds cannot be recovered, you will not have to make up the cost. As most hotels have a 72 hour cancellation policy, you should be able to recover 100% of these reservation costs.
For Delta, Echo, and Critical Supports subgrantees, the funds you will save by not traveling to the Training Workshop should be re-purposed to your JFNA grant program. You do not need to submit a Budget Modification request in order to re-purpose these travel funds. We will provide information about programming modifications in a separate email.
Because the content of the Training Workshop is important, we will attempt to deliver the content virtually from the amazing speakers already lined-up. Stay tuned for more details. Please contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or need additional support from us during this difficult time.
We are sharing the topics we intend to cover to help you determine which staff members should represent your organization when participating in the JFNA Training Workshop. Please note that all topics are subject to change.
- How JFNA is Leading the Aging Services Network in Person-Centered, Trauma-Informed (PCTI) Care
- A Holocaust survivor and veteran share their personal perspectives on PCTI care
- Working Groups
- Mental Health Therapy Modalities
- Socialization Programs
- Cognitive Health Programs
- Family Caregiver Programs
- Physical Health Programs
- Technology Programs
- Addressing Antisemitism in a PCTI Way
- End of Life Care
- PCTI Trainings
- Special group meetings for: executive leaders, Critical Supports and their sub-subgrantees, first-time JFNA Training Workshop participants, experienced Training Workshop participants, agencies utilizing Uniper software, and agencies that work with Kavod Shef
- Emerging Issues in Aging and Trauma
- Evaluations and Lessons Learned
- Brief self-care demonstration
- PCTI Care for Older Adults with Alzheimer’s
- Developing an Action Plan
Feel free to contact HolocaustCenter@JewishFederations.org with questions.