Department: Public Affairs - Washington, DC Office
Reports to: Associate Director, Center on Aging and Trauma
Organization Overview: The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA) represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. The Federation movement, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice) and Torah (Jewish learning).
Position Summary: The Assistant Project Manager works to design and implement the daily operations of the Center on Aging and Trauma (Center), a project of JFNA’s Holocaust Survivor Initiative. The Center is advancing person-centered, trauma-informed (PCTI) supportive services for Holocaust survivors, diverse older adults, and their family caregivers by distributing subgrants to local agencies and Jewish Federations, and by providing technical assistance and capacity building support to subgrantees and the aging network at large.
The Center recently received a second five-year grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Community Living/Administration on Aging that is renewable annually for up to five years. Funding for this position is contingent upon annual Congressional appropriations and continued receipt of the grant.
The JFNA Washington Office will continue working remotely, on account of the COVID-19 pandemic, until it is safe to return to the office.
- Create, implement, and maintain processes to ensure proper financial oversight of subgrantees. Monitor the annual budgets, quarterly spending reports, evidence of match reports, and carry-over and no-cost extension requests of each subgrantee. Develop problem-solving strategies and engage with subgrantees to address concerns that emerge with their spenddown rates or other financial concerns.
- Provide guidance to subgrantees and aging service providers with planning, implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of JFNA-funded projects. Respond to inquiries, draft and disseminate memos, and coordinate webinars and conferences.
- Compile data for internal audits and respond to requests for funding confirmations of subgrantee’s audits.
- Draft and maintain subgrantee payment calendar.
- Lead in drafting and filing financial and programmatic reports to the federal government.
- Assist with disseminating the Center’s Request for Proposals (RFP), and with implementing the application review and scoring processes.
- Develop reporting templates on JotForm and Foundant Technologies. Track, maintain, and analyze trends in online data.
- Lead or support colleagues on projects including webinars and conference presentations.
- Design and implement systems and procedures to optimize Center efficiency and effectiveness. Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP) on Center operations.
- Complete other assignments as requested.
- Three to five years of experience in the grant-making, nonprofit or government sector, preferred, preferably in the delivery of social services or in the provision of technical assistance to social service agencies.
- Fluency with analyzing and monitoring program budgets.
- Interest in aging and trauma and a commitment to helping Holocaust survivors, older adults with a history of trauma, and family caregivers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn multiple software programs, and proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance would be helpful, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to develop systems to track information
- Professional self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically, when safe.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Aging@JewishFederations.org
JFNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please indicate on your application if you need any accommodations for your interview.